Monday, October 02, 2006

Divorce Card?

I know there are various kinds of card such as ― greeting card, wedding card, congratulatory card and so on. But I hadn't heard about "Divorce Card" until I found this word on the Business English Conversation program broadcasted by NHK radio. NHK is a Japanese public broadcaster.

According to the Japanese instructor and the American assistant on the progam, Divorce Card was modeled on the wedding card but was not welcomed by people back in early '70, even though the message was friendly and sympathetic. However, with the upsurge in divorce rate these days, as people come to be able to deal with divorce calmly, it seems accepted.

However, I think, rather than writing a divorce card, you would be happy if you write your joy or gratitude to your spouse or partner. This must keep your relationship from being in danger. We tend not to realize how we are blessed until something wrong happens. Therefore, I want to thank all people, things and circumstances that surround me even though they don't seem to be friendly to me. Because, in the long run, I believe it surely makes me benefit in a sense.

Anyway, let us use positive and bright words as much as possible everyday!

Here is my favorite book that I really recommend you to read. OPEN THE DOOR OF YOUR LIFE is full of brilliant and spiritual words written by Reverend Seicho Taniguchi, the President of Seicho-No-Ie, originally in Japanese and translated into English by SNI International Headquarters.

No comments: