Saturday, November 04, 2006

Marriage

Marriage has been a traditional life goal for many people in the past. However, reflecting on the diversifications of values among people these days, some choose to stay single all their life. As a matter of fact, in Scandinavian countries, the number of couples who do not claim their marriage despite they share their life is increasing by leaps and bounds. Though I accept the idea that people have their own values, I would like to focus on the advantages of marriage.

First of all, I think raring a child is a priceless experience. Raising children gives you an opportunity to reflect upon yourself and be grateful to people who have supported you all through life. I really appreciae my parents from the bottom of my heart especially after my wife carried a child.

Secondly, through marriage, you tend to become more moderate and tolerant. Unless you accept the ideas of your spouse, you will never feel at home in life. This helps you deal with your boss, colleagues, friends and others.

However, there are also some disadvantages. For example, especially when your children are young, you may have to do many household chores and spend time with your family. This may lead you to feel bound or may hamper you from accomplishing your personal objectives-----such as learning English.

Having said that, though, I believe the advantages of marriage overwhelm the disadvantages.

With my home sweeter and happier, I want to convey the joy of raising a family to young, unmarried people. This may lead the world more comfortable to live in and to make peace.

No comments: