Tuesday, August 25, 2009

An Impression on the Conference by a SNI HI leader

Hi everyone,

With her permission, I would like to share an impression on the Special Conference for World Peace by Irene Revilla, one of SNI Hawaii leaders. It is concisely written but I believe you would feel energy and enthusiasm through her experience.

Tetsuya Abe

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My impressions of the Brazil Special Conference
By Irene Revilla, Hawaii Missionary Area

Thank you very much. I was one of the US participants who attended the 2009 Brazil Special Conference. Rev. Tetsuya Abe and myself were the two representatives from Hawaii. I was truly blessed to be apart of this conference as it has been a wish of mine to attend a conference in Brazil. Since the first conference held there several years ago I had always hoped someday I would go. This year my wish came true. It was all that and more than I had expected. The greatest emotion that I experienced during the 2 day conference was the joy I felt when all of the attendees rose to their feet and cheered joyfully with love and admiration for Rev. Masanobu and Mrs. Junko Taniguchi as they entered the huge convention hall. All 3,000 supporters clapped and cheered for them in unison with such emotional energy that I could feel the vibrations throughout my whole body. It was an experience indescribable with words. The lectures were very informative and gave a great deal of historical background leading up to how our environment, nature and human beings have been affected by industrialization both in North America, Central and South America. The relationship of all this to our current situation with global warming and depletion of resources was very evident in all the lectures. As an organization, Seicho-No Ie is clearly a proponent in supporting ways to correct and preserve Mother Nature and mankind for future generations. Listening to ways to promote these positive changes and bring peace to the world truly makes me proud to be a Holy fellowship member of SNI. I hope one day all of you will get an opportunity to attend a special conference and feel the gratitude and joy I had experienced.
 

No comments: