Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Article for "Starbulletin"

   I posted the following article for "Starbulletin," Hawaii's local newspaper. I am supposed to write every 6 weeks and this is the second time for me. I receive a positive response from a follower of Christian Science. I deeply appreciate that.

Tetsuya Abe

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take Everything Positively and Make an Effort with A Bright Mind
Tetsuya Abe
Acting Chief, Seicho-No-Ie Hawaii Missionary Area

   In our surroundings, both pleasant and unpleasant things happen. There are good news and bad news in the world. Someone may say, "I am happy because only wonderful things come to me." Someone else may say, "My life is filled with hardship and unfavorable things." What accounts for this difference? That is our "mind." To put it simply, the former person has a bright mind and the latter has a dark mind.

   There may be some people who enjoy rock-climbing by thinking, "This is a very exciting sport. I love it." But others may be turned off that sport by thinking, "What a dangerous sport!" Furthermore, some may say, "Running makes me really refreshed," but others may say, "Running is boring. It only makes me tired."

   Even if different people do the same thing, how each one feels about it depends on his or her outlook. That is why even if your situation may be difficult, it will surely improve if you keep up your effort by thinking, "This is a good opportunity for my ability to emerge. Things will be getting better and better." On the contrary, if you think "I can't stand it. There is no hope in my future," you cannot make a success of anything, because what we strongly think constantly about becomes our life and destiny.

   Therefore, let us conceive bright and cheerful thoughts no matter what happens. If you keep those positive thoughts, beautiful flowers will bloom on your life's stage before long without fail.
 

 

No comments: