Monday, October 12, 2009

Weekend in Kauai

   I went to Seicho-No-Ie Kauai Center with my family over last weekend. I am supposed to visit all four Seicho-No-Ie Hawaii neighbor island centers twice at each center, it was the second time visit to this island. It is a very greenery island and I feel the appearance is similar to a rural area in Japan where I was born, it became one of my favorite sites in Hawaii. More than that, my kindergartener daughter was in the midst of 10-day holiday and a little bit boring, that is why I decided to take my wife and daughter there.

   As usual, we are warmly greeted by SNI members in Kauai center and I delivered two English and Japanese combined lecturers on the day. One is about "Holy Mission Fellowship" and another is about the "Movement that Grows with Nature." In the end of the second lecture, I presented the photos I took in Brazil and had them savored the exciting atmosphere of Special Conference for World Peace in Sao Paulo in August.

   We stayed a cottage named KALAHEO INN and visited candy company and coffee factory on the next day guided by David Hamada, a long-time and devout leader of SNI Kauai. Seeing David Hamada talking with people very friendly everywhere we went, I thought it is an ideal community where people feel like a big family, or "Ohana" in Hawaiian language.

Tetsuya Abe
 



 

No comments: