Sunday, January 21, 2007

Business Trip to HK

I went to Hong Kong for business purposes from 12th to 15th January. This is the second visit to HK to me within a year. We had Chinese and Japanese readers' meetings, a parents' class and a workshop for executive members in this region. All lectures were delivered in Japanese with a translation into Mandarin Chinese. The main theme provided was "Global Environment Preservation Movement and our ordinary life based on a religious faith."

I am a minister of a religious organization, based on Japan spreading to about 30 countries and regions, which currently focuses on global preservation movement based on a true faith as well as preaches our religious principles. At the meetings in Hong Kong, I told them that what kind of God we believe, how we see this world and what we consume make a big difference when it comes to thinking about world peace.

According to the leaders there, especially in recent years, many many people who live in mainland China have been flooding to Hong Kong. This is why I saw quite a few Chinese people from mainlnad China in the meetings. When I asked some shop workers how to go to a subway station, all of them could not understand English. Therefore what they told me must be true. I felt this is what is Hong Kong because "dynamic change" is one its characteristic.

No comments: