Friday, January 26, 2007

State of the Union Address

US President George W. Bush delivered State of the Union Address. I could not listen and watch it, but I read the whole article on the White House's website.

I appreciated that Mr. Bush referred to environmental issues, connecting the environment to national security as a theme of importance. I strongly hope he takes this issue more seriously and put it into practice immediately. Whether what he said is true or not will depend on the kind of budget he will propose for alternative energy development.

However, I am disappointed that he reiterated his justification of his Iraq policies despite the opposition of the American public in the latest election.I accept that U.S. is in a difficult situation in Iraq whatever policy they take, but I hope they reconsider Iraq policy to a direction where international community can cooperate together.

-TA

No comments: