Thursday, February 22, 2007

Children learn from learning Parents

I read a piece of issue on the "Asahi Shimbun," Japanese leading Newspaper, that says a child whose parents are enthusiastic with learning something tend to study hard at school. According to the writer, junior high school teacher, when listening spontaneously to conversations among students, he found that they were proud of their parents learning something. A student saying "My mother joins chorus. Her practice sometimes bothers my homework" seems to be proud of her mother, the author said. A further student showed a picture letter drawn by her mother to her company with a happy look.

The teacher introduces this story when he is consulted by some parents who gripe that, "My sons or daughters never study at home. How can I have them work hard?"

I totally agree with him. It is true that Kids want to be proud of their parents. If kids are very young, they undoubtedly imitate what their parents do. From that perspective, I really admire my 80-year-old father-in-law because he keeps studying at the University of Air and leads a vivid life.

As for my wife, while she is rearing a two-year-old daughter, she studies baby massage and the teachings of Seicho-No-Ie, which not only shows how to lead a fruitful life based on true faith but also deals with the latest issue like Climate Change or the state of the art scientific technology. I believe her behavior has a good impact on our kid's education.

Anyway, I will keep it in mind and this blog as much as possible.

-TA

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.

Tetsuya Abe said...

Dear Laverne,

Thank you for your praise!

-TA