Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Seminar in Kanagawa-(1)

I attended a Seicho-No-Ie Spiritual Training Seminar for junior and high school students in Kanagawa as a dispatched lecturer from 4th to 7th this August. About 30 students as well as about the same number of managing staff enjoyed this 4 day-seminar. The seminar includes several lectures, round table discussions, a mind purification ceremony, mutual Shinsokan meditation, outdoor workshops and so on. Kanagawa Missionary area is famous for a disciplined managing system and deliberate preparation, therefore, the seminar was really organized.

In my lectures, I focused that God creates only good, therefore, every human being is a child of God that possesses infinite ability and potential. And I showed them how parents love their children introducing about myself. More than that, I explained in a Seicho-No-Ie way of life that we should avoid meat food not only from a religious perspective but from an ecological and humanitarian point of view.

I mean, SNI teaches to respect every single life, so it is natural for us not to eat meat. And I briefed how domestic animals are grown and treated and how those animals are changed to packed meat. Actually, throughout the seminar, there are no meat food in every dish. They were really delicious so that almost all students did not realize they had had no meat food until I touched on it.

During my lectures, students were surprisingly well behaved. They took memos and paid attention to me and some photos that I projected on a big screen. I believe this is because Kanagawa youth members take care of those students on a daily basis, therefore, they prepare to listen to this kind of topics. Anyway, I really appreciate that.
(continued)

No comments: