Sunday, August 27, 2006

Summer Vaction

I went to Marunum Kogen highland in Oku Nikko (deep in Nikko) with my wife and daughter as a summer vacation. It is about 1,500 meter above sea level where we had comfortable and relaxed days there. There are many conifer trees like white birch and beech trees that discharge a lot of fresh air. I felt those places kind of an "Oxygen Bar," which is popular in metropolitan areas.

We stayed Pension Yamamoto, an European style tiny family-run accommodation, for three nights and four days. It was a really cozy place where owner's couple were very friendly and all heartfelt dishes were delicious. Especially, croissants cooked by owner's wife were one of my two-year-old daughter's favorite. She ate surprisingly amount of food there.

During our stay, we went to Shirane-san (Mt. Shirane) by a cable car in Marunuma and enjoyed an Onsen (hot spring) public bath in Yunoko, but we mainly concentrated on refreshment without going far away.

Now I get back to my daily life and remember this beautiful memory.

No comments: