Monday, September 18, 2006

Baby Came-(5)

When I saw some nurses passing by the corridor, I wished one of them would come to say that operation finished safe and sound. But nobody did. Around two o'clock and thirty in the morning, the nurse who briefed me when the operation had started came and told me the operation had completed successfully. Then I asked about the baby, her answer was "Not bad." She said, "The baby is girl. There is no problem at this point, but various kinds of treatment and examination are necessary. She is now in an incubator with oxygen concentration 40%. If you hope, you can see your baby when we are prepared. Do you want to meet her today" "Of course!!" I answered.

In a short time, my wife came back to the room which I was in, I said, "Good Job, honey. I will read HOLY SUTRA, take a good rest." And then she fell asleep. She sometimes waked up, but soon her eyelid closed. I appreciated her at my heart and again read "Holy Sutra."

It was after four o'clock in the morning when I was allowed to meet my baby for the first time. The encounter really produced butterfly in my stomach. The room my daughter was in was strictly managed for immature babies that we had to wear special cloth and wash hands with disinfectant.

I felt really really sorry for my baby, because she was conneted to a lot of tubes and put to sleep by drug. Then, the doctor in charge explained in detail about her conditon and future treatment. I found myself mysteriously relieved because I did not sense tension with his tongue, though what he said upset me a little.

The doctor and nurses suggested me to touch the baby, I followed and stroked her slowly and gently with saying "Welcome! We are really waiting you to come. You must be haste because it is one month before a scheduled day but I think you really want to see your father and mother. How lovely you are! I believe we can live together soon..."

It is very fortunate for us that my wife left hospital a week after the surgery, and we found there was no problem with our daughter after various kinds of examinations. After the baby was released from the hospital, in case the baby had mental birth trauma, my wife took "Baby Massage" lessons by a correspondent course and put it into practice everyday.

She is now two years old and growing safe and sound with a lot of love from many people. She brought us a lot of visible and invisible treasures. My wife's health is extremely improved after her birth. I was granted a lot of responsible jobs at work. But more than anything else, through living with her, we have been taught that how wonderful it is to live.
(End)

1 comment:

Tetsuya Abe said...

Dear Mr./Ms. no hassle loans,

Thank you very much for your comment. It encourages me a lot!

-TA