Sunday, September 03, 2006

Baby Came-(1)

I was waiting for my wife to come out from a bath room at home. Why, and what for? She was testing there with a test drug to see whether she was pregnant or not. Coming into the room I was in, she asked me how I thought was the result. When I saw her bright face, I immediately found it was successful. It was an occasion around the end of January in 2004.

At that time, it was seven years and half since we had tied the knot in 1997. After our wedding bell rang, despite we expected to have a child, we couldn't. It was the fantastic moment that we knew that my wife carried a baby.

A few days later, my wife and I promptly went to an obstetrical clinic near my house to see a doctor. The doctor formally confirmed the embryo in my wife's womb which was 5mm long. We felt a tremendous joy that we never, ever imagined and tasted before.

But there had been some unexpected stories before our daughter was born. One week after we went to the clinic, my wife appealed a severe pain in her abdomen. Around that time, she was doing her job as a dog groomer and engaged in a Seicho-No-Ie activity that promoted an upcoming event. While she took care of her baby, she also tried to lead a normal life.

We soon went to the clinic in the midnight and she entered a consulting room. After a short time, the doctor who diagnosed my wife invited me to the room and explained as showing a scanned picture that the womb wasn't in a good shape. And he added, "If the condition of the womb don't improve, very unfortunately, we may have to extract the embryo even tomorrow." This examination made us extremely shocked and at a loss.
(continued)

No comments: