Monday, September 25, 2006

Global Environment-(2)

If it is true, how should we deal with the situation?

First of all, we need to think about alternative energy created by solar, wind power and hydrogen more and more seriously. In Japan, the number of houses that install solar panels has been increasing. For example, Seicho-No-Ie, where I work for, a religious organization based on Japan and now has spreaded to about 30 countries, has powerfully been promoting a solar panel installment movement to our members and others. As a result, the amount of electricity generated by our corporations' and our members houses' panels exceeds 2,000 kilo wat per hour. Needless to say, it is certainly a small step, but can be a great step for humankind.

Some believe this global environment issue is kind of secular. In other words, they consider it a matter of techlnology. Consequently, they believe technological advancement is enough to solve the problem. However, I do not agree with the idea. Because even if energy efficient car is invented and on the market, it is a human mind to decide to buy or not. Some may buy a super utility vehicle that emits a lot of carbon dioxicide even if they know the car has a bad impact on the global climate. Therefore, I think, it is also important to enlighten general public to have a mindset to love and preserve the Mother Earth.

As for me, I am taking care of my life not to hurt global environment. For instance, I use my shopping bag instead of a vinil bag given at a store. More than that, I drive a energy-efficient car, and I installed a solar-heated water system, and I walk to a nearby station when I go to work. Because I believe each person's efforts to protect global environment is more important than any others.

As a minister of this religious organization, I wll try to enligten people to respect nature and change our daily behavior in my lecture and articles. Because I really want to leave this beautiful earth to our children's and grand children's generation.

No comments: